Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chocolate Shakes and Facebook

Okay, so I'm deeply entrenched into the "I don't have a job or kids" lifestyle. This means organizing your day around The View and Oprah and trying to make up stuff you might need to do years from now that you might as well get taken care of now when you literally don't have anything else to do. I pay way too much attention to the dog, how to train her, how much she's eating, and MOST IMPORTANTLY what her poop looks like to make sure she is not sick. If you ask me, I'm sick for paying attention to it. (In other news, yesterday was the first day she didn't go pee in the house! Woo hoo! A major milestone.)

So, point is...when you are in such a state you start noticing or doing things that you might not have if you had a life. First of all, I did a thorough search of the McDonald's here, including interviewing a girl who works there extensively and found out that McDonald's does not serve chocolate shakes in Costa Rica. WHAT??!!?? Impossible! This is the only reason I go to McDonald's in the US (or in Bulgaria for that matter...) and I am having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that they do not have any kind of shakes, let alone chocolate shakes. And it's not like they don't do ice cream - Mickey D's here has McFlurries and ice cream cones. And it's not like they don't do shakes in Costa Rica - other ice cream places have them. What a mystery.

Second thing I suggest you do if you are ever in a situation such as I am - no job, no kids, pulling out your hair thinking of things to do...sleeping too much probably - join Facebook! It really does take up way more time than necessary and you can stalk all of your friends and people you used to be friends with or maybe talked to once in high school. You can play games like Scrabble (called Scrabulous on Facebook) and take quizzes about how much you know about geography or what character you would be on Sex and The City (by the way, saw the movie, if you are a female and haven't seen it yet - RUN to the movies! Just looking at all the clothes is totally worth it and it's a good movie.)

If you are concerned about my mental health now...don't be! Read the next blog to see what's coming up in the next couple of weeks for me!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Saw Sex and the City...loved it!